Located in the heart of Vinohrady, we are here to help you learn, improve, and perfect your English language skills. The best (and fastest) way to learn a language is to immerse yourself in it, so we use conversation, arts, and media to create an immersive experience specific to your needs.
We also specialize in pronunciation, accent, and dialect work, as well as business English, theatrical, and public speaking coaching. Learning a new language should be fun, and all of us at Studio English bring that enthusiasm for learning to every lesson.
Studio English is located right off of Vinohradská street, inside a quiet courtyard near náměstí Jiřího z Poděbrad. With plenty of seating, it is easy to host individual classes (just you and the teacher) or small group classes up to 6 students. We believe that you should feel comfortable when learning, so we have made a cozy atmosphere inside the studio. Plus, there’s a coffee and tea station, just in case you need that extra boost of energy, as well as air conditioning and heating!
Some background information
- I’m Stephanie, owner and head teacher of Studio English. I was born in New York and grew up just outside of Washington DC.
- Age 7: My love for acting and performing started early, but there was always that worry whether I’d ever have a “real job”.
- 2007–2012: I studied Acting and Theater at University, spending 3 years at Pace University in NYC and one and a half years at George Mason University in Northern Virginia. I graduated with a Bachelor of Arts.
- 2011-2016: After graduating, I started working for Apple Retail (yes, that Apple!) in sales. Over the course of 5 years, I made my way from sales to customer trainer, then in-store employee trainer, market-wide employee trainer, and finally, assistant manager. (It seems I’ve always been teaching in one form or another!)
- 09/2015: After five years of working and living in the same area, I was ready for a change. I visited a friend who was living in Prague in the fall of 2015 and immediately fell in love with the city.
- 05/2016: Fast-forward six months, and my dog and I were boarding a one-way flight to the Czech Republic.
- 06/2016: I got my teaching certificate from The Language House in Prague and started teaching immediately. I spent the first year cutting my teeth as a teacher, teaching various age groups, English levels, and specialized courses (like Medical English, Business English, and Exam Preparation).
- 05/2017: I started Studio English in Vinohrady. I wanted to create a casual, fun atmosphere for learning English, while also using my background in the arts and technology to help students achieve their goals. I love my students and I love being able to help enrich their lives through the English language. I am living the dream – waking up excited to go to work every day and helping people, while having an amazing time doing it!